Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Amulet Bags



Here are two of the small projects I've been doing for Stephanie of the Wool Peddler with the recycled Sari Silk yarn. These little amulet bags are just big enough to hold a credit (or library) card, a license, a key and some cash. They're a neat way to travel lightly and would make great gifts as they only take a couple hours to make. I estimate that one 100 gram skein of the silk would make 5 or 6 bags. The one on the left is fastened by a button while the one on the right is held closed by the weight of the tassel fastened to the flap. There's also going to be a pattern for a cell phone holder (my digital camera will also fit, so it could be a camera bag instead) with a nice thick shoulder strap. The original projects (and upcoming pattern) are three different knit place settings in beginner, easy & intermediate levels. My friend Kim has been designing the crocheted versions and we have lots more ideas up our sleeves.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

How cute! My sister-in-law just picked up some yarn like that and has no idea what to make! I'll make sure to tell her to check out your blog!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a