Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Here Kitty, Kitty...

I wanted to test out the Recycled Sari Silk to see if it could be worked along with wool and hold up to the felting procedure, so I knit up a quick little catnip mouse. I used one strand of Sari Silk and one strand of a worsted weight dark wool from a sweater I recycled earlier this summer. I knit them together on size 10 double points working back & forth and then making I-cord for the tail. It took two trips through the washer tucked in the toe of an old sock for the mouse to felt, but the silk stood up to the challenge.

Once the mouse was dry, I rolled a couple handfuls of homegrown catnip into an old knee-high stocking and sewed it into the body.


The finished mouse and ....


The ultimate test! When I turned around to download the photos from the camera, both Tiger and the mouse disappeared. {g}

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

GO TIGER!!! lolololol....
That WAS a pretty mouse, Jane!
(((hugs)))

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a