Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Black Silk Is Sexy

It really is - just the feel of it is so soft.. The finished shawl took one 200 gram skein. It's 46" across the top and 38" on the sides, large enough to fit over the shoulders and tie in front.



Now to get the pattern written up - that's always the difficult part {g}.. With my washcloths shipped off to the Cloths For Katrina project (we have over 250 members now and distributors in Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Missouri, Texas, Oregon & Michigan) I've been knitting more for our K4 group on the theory that there will be a number of evacuees in the northern states who will need warm winter hats & scarves. I've finished these three hats since last Thursday and have two more done except for closing off the top opening and running in the yarn ends.




I started a bright purple scarf yesterday while playing bingo and that's getting close to being done. The new TV season is upon us, so there's more time in the evening to knit in front of the TV. Last night was NCIS, House & L&O-SVU, tonight is **LOST** - yippee! - and the original L&O. I bought yarn on Saturday for Megan's sweater, but need to work up a swatch for gauge and figure out how to turn a crocheted pullover into a knit one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

Thanks for pointing me to the hat link. I hate weaving in ends when I use color.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What kind of yarn did you use for this lucious creation? I have fallen behind in my blogging, too, mainly in reading other peoples' but in posting also. Those washcloths keep clamoring, and so does the rest of my life... not to worry, but it is nice to check in.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a