Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, September 16, 2005

Bad Blogger - Part 2

I'm not quite sure where this last week has gone, but with everything I was doing, I didn't get around to posting. Being a moderator on the Cloths For Katrina list kept me fairly busy (there are now over 250 members) and I was knitting on several projects. Hats #100 & #101 were still on the needles before I took this photo. This is some of the yarn that Heather was kind enough to send all the way from AZ to our K4 group. Thanks, Heather!!



They've since been finished off and #102 is almost done. I've also been working on a shawl in black silk and waiting for more yarn to finish a couple other patterns for Stephanie's shop. Tomorrow, I'm going to be shopping for some bright colored yarn to make a sweater for my grand-daughter. Her mom, my darling eldest daughter, sent a pattern for a crocheted pullover with drop shoulders and wide bands of variegated yarn around the chest and the tops of the sleeves. I think I'm going to translate it into knitting, but I want bright colors and, despite a outlandishly large stash, most of the colors I have are rather sedate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

I hate having to buy yarn when I already have stuff in my stash. But I understand. When you're knitting for little girs you need bright colors. Those hats are very pretty. Were you carrying the yarn in the back at all times or were you breaking the strands and weaving in the ends?

8:45 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

It's a slip stitch pattern - with the solid color on circulars, knit 1 row, purl 1 row, knit one row. Then with the variegated, the next three rows are slip 1 st, knit 5 around, the slipped stitch carries the solid color up to form the "window panes".. The pattern is the third option in the easy knit hat pattern (link in the sidebar)

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a