Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, September 09, 2005

Packed & Ready To Go

It took a little longer than I thought to get the washcloths for the Cloths For Katrina packed up and ready to go, but here they are - all 20 of them.

Nineteen of them are in natural or eggshell 100% cotton, but I found the pink one in a basket. It looks a little lonely there, but I hope it goes to a little girl who likes pink.

Tuesday, I joined Kitt & Sallee in monitoring the Katrina list, so I've been on the computer more since then than I've been knitting. It's wonderful to see the list grow so rapidly - we have 191 members since it started last Saturday, that's a wonderful outpouring of caring.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

Wow, you really knitted up those quickly.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I already had 12 done when Kitt & Sallee suggested the project, so I only knit 8 of them over the weekend. As usual, my weak point is getting things packed and in the mail.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Jane, you are my best blessing of all!
(((hugs)))

9:01 PM  
Blogger skully said...

Thanks for all of the hard work all of you moderators are doing. I love our Cloths for Katrina group! I have finished cloth #7- I plan to mail them when I get to #10!

We appreciate all your hard work to get this wonderful thing off the ground.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a