Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Stitching Away

It's been a week since my last post, but while I haven't been writing much, I have been keeping the needles flying. The Rag-Tag afghan is finished and I'll be starting another one soon. It's getting chilly here in Michigan, so working on an afghan in the evening lets me curl up under it and stay warm.



I finished the two hats I spoke of in the last post and made a third one, finished the scarf - those along with the afghan were turned in at the K4 meeting. Here's what I'm working on now - two more hats and another scarf. I also sewed three pair of slippers together, but I still have another three or four pair to do. The vest and the cable yoke cardigan are back in the PIP bin. I need to calculate the armhole and neck shaping on the vest and I'm still looking for another skein of cranberry Love Knit so I can finish the cardigan.



And - finally - Megan's sweater is on the needles. She's tall for her age, but thin, so I'm making it 30" around but adding length to the sleeves & body. Instead of the neon crayon colors of the Red Heart Kids variegated, I'm going to use the Jetstream from Caron Rainbow Dreams for the bands and I picked up the purple in the Jetstream for the contrasting color. I think it will turn out nicely.



Megan's Mom - my Darling Eldest Daughter - finished the crocheted version and did a wonderful job on her first sweater ever.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Wow oh Wow! Love that crocheted sweater, Becky NEEDS to be so proud! And your colors for your knitted version will be gorgeous (I love that Jet Stream - wish I loved knitting with Rainbow Dreams, but it's not my favorite!). The rag tag is terrific, and while we're not quite as cool as you are, at least I am trying to keep the windows open today - as long as the allergies don't act up, I'll be okay! But at least fall is falling!
(((hugs)))

8:45 PM  
Blogger me myself and i said...

love the afghan!!! Great colors!

10:44 AM  
Blogger . said...

Wow! You have been busy! Everything looks great!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

I love the colors you chose for Megan's sweater. And her mom's an accomplished crocheter, that sweater is very pretty.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love the finished blanket! The colors just flow into one another.

The sweater is beautiful too! I love the colors of the newest one!

You are always get so many wonderful projects completed! You are amazing!

Ruinwen
:)

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like those colors too - both the afghan and the sweater.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow the blanket is great!! I love the colors! Those hats are wonderful!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Boy, I wish I had as much time to knit as you obviously do! Love everything you are working on. Your granddaughter's sweater is really pretty - she will probably be proud to wear it and that her mother made it!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Megan's sweater is just darling, and she looks so proud to be wearing it! Glad to know that the crafting genes kick in eventually :)

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the rag tag afghan makes me wish I knew how to crochet!! Love your work, everything looks so pretty (and you have sure been busy!!)

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a