Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Thursday's Progress Report

Another photoless post - at least of my projects - but I thought that a progress report would be in order.


  • Megan's sweater: The front yoke is finished, the shoulder seams and the neck band completed, the first sleeve is done to just below the variegated bands.


  • The silk & wool basket (I've decided that is a more appropriate designation than bowl or "whatever") has about 12 more rows of the bottom & then a 3-needle bindo-off to go.


  • Another washcloth finished and half way through #15, but the yarn ends still need to be run in on all except the first seven as I forgot to pack them in my bag on Monday.


  • I turned in 4 scarves (two adult & two child size) and two hats at the K4 meeting this afternoon (and forgot to take photos before I left home). I'm still working on the one I started in Continental - you'll notice the "started", after about 24" I gave up and switched back to the English style of knitting which is going much faster and with far more even stitches.


So, all in all, it's been a fairly productive week. I'm hoping to get close to finishing the silk & wool basket tonight and I'd like to finish the latest scarf. I finished reading the last book I had out of the library, so I need to dig around on the bookshelves here and see if there's anything that sounds good - otherwise, I know I'll find myself up here on the computer instead of downstairs knitting while I read. I have yarn for another set of hats & scarves plus yarn for a three strand hat to match the scarf that Gloria finished today (brown, tan & cream - nice guy colors), plus I brought home enough yarn to make a scarf to match the double strand hat I finished, but didn't turn in today. That should keep me busy!

My daughter sent me photos last night of Matthew & Megan in their Halloween costumes and also a photo of Matthew in the sweater she crocheted for him. She did a great job on it!

2 Comments:

Blogger me myself and i said...

awww! what a cutie!!

9:38 PM  
Blogger KnittinKim said...

Wow-- he's getting BIG! Great sweater, too. Obviously Becky takes after her mom in the soft-ware engineering biz...

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a