Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ooops, I did it again..

Our K4 meeting was this afternoon. I took in 4 scarves, finished a hat while I was there and cast on for another one. I've been promising myself that I wouldn't bring home any more yarn until I used up the leftovers from other projects or at least worked the skeins down to the point where they were only suitable for addition into the rag-tag afghans, but I succumbed to temptation. Actually, it was a case of the people at FISH requesting child sized hats & scarves and most of the yarn I still have here was chosen to make plain color caps & scarves for men. So I came home with a skein of pastel yellow and one of variegated baby shades for the kids' caps and a skein of pink, turquoise & purple variegated that I was planning on putting with black, but I think it might work for kids if I use white or cream for the other color. I'll try that after I finish this grey boucle hat to match the scarf Marian made a couple weeks ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a