Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, January 07, 2006

With A Little Bit Of Luck

That song has been running through my head lately. I have just succumbed to the lace shawls that have been whispering my name for the last couple months. As I mentioned, my DH gave me Folk Shawls & A Gathering of Lace for Christmas. On Wednesday, I jumped in with both feet and called in an order to KnitPicks for 9 skeins of Iron Ore & 10 skeins of Wheat - both Wool of the Andes - to make the Wool Peddler & Highland Triangle shawls. Then, proving that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, I added in the pattern for the Adamas shawl and two skeins of Shadow in Lost Lagoon to make it. With a little bit of luck, I may survive my foray into lace.

I started revising the sidebar this evening to make it easier to find things. The plan is to have an index for the free patterns off site. The index is coded, only problem is that my son-in-law's site where I keep the files seems to be off line so that a number of the sidebar photos don't show up and I can't upload the new file. I also want to move last year's finished items & the list of books to their own files, but I'm going to have to wait until I can upload files again. With a little bit of luck, it will all get done sometime this coming week.

Thursday, at the K4 meeting, I turned in two shawls and three of the "Dopey" hats. Gloria was kind enough to take the two I'd finished last week home and put pom-poms on the peaks. She's going to do these three for me too.



I'm still playing around with the pattern. The aqua & white one is the same one shown on the Cabbage Patch doll in the last post. The other two are done with double yarn and a size 13 needle which makes them a better size. I can finish one of these in about two hours.

I finished the shawl in Rainbow Dreams Maritime colorway and started one in Bernat variegated blues. These photos were taken just before I left for the meeting. I finished the blue one there and I had half of the 10 ounce skein of Maritime left over so I'm working on a third shawl.





With a little bit of luck, I'll have the third shawl completed by the time my KnitPicks order arrives and I can start the Wool Peddler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a