Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Highland Triangle Shawl

I've started a new project! I'm working on the Highland Triangle Shawl from Folk Shawls.





I'm using Wool of the Andes from KnitPicks in Wheat and I'm up to row 43 in the second set of repeats. It's a bit darker than shown on their website (use the catalog when chosing colors, it's more accurate), but I like it. I think that this one, unlike the Wool Peddler, may need blocking when it's finished - something that I'm not looking forward to as I don't have a regular bed that I can do it on. I can just see pinning it out on the floor and finding three cats on top of it.

I finished the black garter stitch shawl for the K4 project & I'm over half way through knitting another one in medium blue. I also brought home two more 8 ounce skeins from Thursday's meeting to make two more - one in cranberry and the other in a variegated blue with touches of cranberry.

Now on the subject of Fuzzy Feet. They're easy to make and despite the early problems I had with the first two pair, I like knitting them. But shouldn't they last longer than 6 weeks????? The pair I finished at the beginning of January has already been mended twice because they're wearing through. Ok, I admit that DH loves them and wears them around the house all the time, but still - 6 weeks??? Last night, I took the first pair that wore out and cut out patches that I sewed onto the bottoms of pair #2. Hopefully this will keep them going until I can get another pair knit and felted, but I'm beginning to see this as an unending project.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You always have the loveliest projects! I love the way the shawl is working up. It is a very beautiful pattern!

Ruinwen
:)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Ok, Jane, Ruinwen's right - it's gorgeous! (Now...R has seen this pattern twice - on your blog and mine...it's her turn to be enabled right into our group and making it herself!)

I love the color, and the way the pattern is showing in it, but I think you're right - blocking it will be...close the kitties out of the room for a day!
(((hugs)))

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a