Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, January 20, 2006

The Quirky Meme

Sallee just tagged me for the 5 Quirkiest Habits meme, so here goes.

1. As much as I love knitting & crocheting, I want to be doing something else at the same time - reading or watching
TV. To just sit & knit can drive me crazy unless I'm with a group and busy talking & listening.

2. I rarely follow a recipe after the first time. I make additions and subtractions and I don't tend to measure much. The surprising part is that the food usually turns out fine.

3. I go to sleep faster if I have one of our cats curled up with me. I think it's the purring that lulls me.

4. Since having to keep my ankle elevated for months after breaking it back in 1999, I still tend to use the computer sitting sort of sideways with my feet up on the desk.

5. I know more people and have more friends on line than I do in person. Without the internet, there is no way that I would have been able to meet these wonderful people who are spread from New England to Virginia to Kentucky to Arizona.

I'm supposed to tag five people, but I'll leave that up to you - if you read this and haven't been tagged yet, feel free to consider yourself caught {g}.

On the knitting front, the Wool Peddler shawl is coming along. I've passed the point where I added in new repeats of the lace in the increase sections and I worked the first row of the 4th 8 row lace repeat last night. I hope my yarn is going to hold out. I only have three skeins left after this one so I'm a little nervous.

The K4 meeting was yesterday and I turned in the grey heather garter stitch shawl I completed during the meeting and started one in bright red acrylic. The mindless knitting on these is a good foil to the attention I have to pay to the lace pattern. Though, last night I did discover that I can knit the wrong side row - all purl except that every 10th stitch is knit - of the lace pattern while reading. I don't think I want to try that on the right side pattern row with the YOs and decreases.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Me, too, Jane! Since blogging and yahoo knitting groups came into my life, I have more friends online than I have in person, too - tho' I've met a bunch of in-person friends via the internet this year, b/c of my local knit group that I found online!

My fingers are crossed for your yarn to hold out - but it's been such a short time, you could order an extra one or two and probably get the same dyelot, ya think?
(((hugs)))

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a