Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, January 29, 2006

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!



It's finished!! The Wool Peddler Shawl from Folk Shawls. Started January 10th, completed January 29th. Knit from 8½ skeins of Wool of the Andes (from KnitPicks) in Iron Ore on size 10½ needles. Unblocked it's 32" from the upper edge to the tip. I'm not sure that I'm going to block it. I'm only 5'4" and it's pretty big without stretching it any more. Here are some close-ups of the lace (can you tell that I'm proud??) This also fits into the KnitRed KAL and the Just For Me KAL, as well as the Folk Shawl KAL, so it's a multi-purpose project {g}..





Now it's time to pick my next project. I finished the cream garter stitch shawl I was making for the K4 project and cast on for a kelly green one, but that's my mindless knitting. I have yarn (WOTA in Wheat) for the Highland Triangle Shawl which is the next group project in the Folk Shawl KAL, yarn and the pattern for the Adamas shawl from KnitPicks, and yarn for two vests for Mom that will have lace panels up the front. I need to rework that pattern so I'm using a smaller needle and while I've swatched on 10½s & 11s, I haven't pulled out the calculator yet to do some serious figuring. I have a feeling that the green shawl will progress while I'm trying to figure this all out and make up my mind.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful shawl! I love the stitch pattern and the color is great!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Lorette said...

That is gorgeous! Nothing "plain" about that one!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow! Your shawl is really beautiful! I love the pattern!

Ruinwen
:)

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! That color really knocks your socks off. :)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Oh Jane!!! I hope you're as pleased with it as you should be..I think it's absolutely gorgeous...I'm so happy to have been the "enabler" on this one! (And on HTS, too!) Wish I could give you many many ((((hugs)))) in person!!! Just wonderful, wear it in GOOD health!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane it's fabulous! I love the color, and the lace pattern is really pretty. You did a great job!

Isn't lace so much fun? :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow, Jane, it is gorgeous! I love the pattern and the color is beautiful. Great job!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Beautiful, Jane. And - - - nothing "plain jane" about it!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Oh, Jane, it's lovely! And I love multi-purpose projects (a la my Knitting Olympics/It's NOT a Gift project).

10:43 PM  
Blogger Nautical Knitter said...

Just beautiful!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Jane. Your shawl is just beautiful.. I love it and I love the color !! great Job !!!
Now Maybe I'll have to make one too :)
Penny
peneloercola@aol.com
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And what a fabulous color!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Glitzy said...

That's gorgeous!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

That is a great pattern, and very nicely done, I might add!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a