Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, March 27, 2006

Haven't I Been Here Before?????



Yes, that's exactly what it looks like - a third pair of Fuzzy Feet for DH. Pair #2 is in tatters. This time I'm using double yarn, size 11 needles and dropping back to the original pattern instead of increasing the number of stitches. I'm hoping that they'll felt super thick and maybe last longer than a few weeks. That's a quarter sitting on top for scale, not a dime. They'd better felt as right now they look like they're for the Jolly Green Giant!



This is where I am on the second half of the pair - there are maybe 5 more rows before I start the toe decreases..



I've also been working on the Highland Triangle Shawl. I stopped the inner border after the second set of row repeats so I'd have enough yarn for the lace edging. I'm almost to the center point with the 9th skein and I have one skein left for the remaining side, so I will be able to make it. I suspect it will block out, but right now the curve of the inner border reminds me of the shaping of the Farose shawls.

Monday afternoon is when I give knitting and crocheting lessons at the Senior Center. I got there today to find Virgina, who started our K4 group on Thursdays, elbow deep in a huge bag of yarn with two more bags sitting there. Some kind soul had dropped these bags of full & partial skeins off for our group to use for charity knitting. So today's "lesson" was in untangling yarn. With Francis & me pitching in, we were making inroads into the first bag. Gretchen came in to see what was going on and stayed to help and later Diane showed up. We sorted two bags (these were the size of large trash bags!) and rolled the tangled skeins into balls. I brought home over half a bag of small amounts to incorporate into the rag-tag afghans I make for the group. There were also some UFOs in the bags. This one is darling. There are mittens to go with the scarf that just need to be sewn up, but the teddy needs a second ear. Looking at ear #1, I'm pretty sure that it was made using short rows like the beginning of a toe up sock so I guess I'll get to experiment with that technique. Once it's done, it will make a great set for a little girl and there's enough yarn in the two colors to make a matching hat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Oh WOW! HTS looks terrific! And I'm so glad you're going to have enough yarn..
That teddy is so cute...some little girl is going to be jumping for joy!
(((hugs)))

9:29 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

Very cute bear! Fuzzy Feet AAAAAARRRGH! I'm thinking of putting some nonskid fabric on the bottoms of ours, not for skidproofing but wear proofing.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Shelob said...

This is just too cute!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a