Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lots Of Stuff

Or maybe not too much - I'm awful at coming up with titles for posts.

I finished the latest Rag-Tag afghan for the K4 project..

Image hosting by Photobucket

I started a similar one but with red & cranberry shades for the ends. Our K4 group has an abundance of odd mismatched skeins of cream & white, so this is a good way of using them up.

I also finished the missing ear for the bear scarf and remade the mitten tops. Originally, I think they were supposed to have bear faces on them, but 1) the pattern was missing, 2) I couldn't figure out where the face was supposed to go and 3) while the thumb was child sized, the hand above it was long enough to fit an adult. I frogged them back and finished them this way.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The purple mittens are another pair of child sized ones - one of the yarn donations had one mitten and the remaining skein of yarn, so I recreated the pattern by counting stitches. They're made from WoolEase Chunky and I really liked working with it. I finished the yellow shawl today and I have a pink one that was completed a couple weeks ago but still needs the yarn ends woven in. That leaves one K4 shawl on the needles - a baby blue boucle yarn on size 17 needles. And I still haven't gotten my nerve up to start the Adamas shawl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Love the blanket! And that scarf is soooo adorable! You are so wonderful to do so much for others.

Ruinwen
:)

5:47 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Amazing....recreating an ear...coming up with a pattern for a missing mitten. You just are amazing!
(((hugs)))

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a