Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sallee's An Enabler..

Yes, she is! Sallee is the one who convinced me that I could knit a lace shawl, so I now have both a completed Wool Peddler & Highland Triangle to keep my shoulders warm while I'm typing or knitting. Now Sallee is making a pair of socks and they look so neat (check them out on her blog!).. So after discussing the pros & cons of knitting socks - something that will wear out far faster than a sweater, a vest or an afghan - on line yesterday, the Spirits of Knitting either smiled on me or are having a huge belly laugh (I'll tell you which when the socks are done) as this morning at Meijers what did I find on the end cap of the yarn section but a Clearance! This is what I brought home along with the spinach, the pork roast, the Blue Bonnet margarine and sundry other edibles:



Two skeins of Moda Dea Sassy Stripes in Crush for $2.40 a skein rather than the usual $4.95. Now to find a toe up pattern that will work. I'm hoping that I can knit one pair and get socks out of my system - after all, I did make that pair of worsted weight ones last year for the First Sock KAL and wasn't tempted to try another because I hated grafting the toes, but with a toe-up pattern will my fortitude stay strong or will I become addicted like others have?? Stay tuned..........

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those colors....
Wonder if my AC Moore has that? You'll dance happy in those pinks and reds (and for Knit Red KAL, too)
I'm so happy to enable you !
(((hugs)))

11:43 AM  
Blogger kat said...

its always where we least expect it isn't it? lurking around the corner saying c'mon I'm cheap it would be a shame not to buy me!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Lorette said...

That yarn is enough to turn anyone into a sock knitter; how can you resist such a pretty color, and cheap, too? I think you're on the way to catching the sock bug.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a