Frogging The Night Away
Sweater #2 was a lighter weight cream wool v-neck with stripes of cranberry, blue-grey & gold at the bottoms of the body & sleeves. Getting the sewn-on ribbing off of the neckline was touchy, but once that was done, the raglan sleeves came out easily and it didn't take long to wind everything into balls. The yarn is lighter weight - probably DK - and I wound up with 15 ounces of the cream plus small balls of the other three colors.
Sweater #3 was a challenge. It was bulky grey with a knit in design of cream, also knit in Ecuador. The sleeves were solid grey so they frogged without any problem, but the body of the sweater after I got past the front and back yokes was knit circularly with many stops & starts of yarn. There might be four or more short lengths of yarn in one row, so I lost probably 4 ounces or so until the point where the pattern was such that the two colors were carried all the way around the body. Still, I came out with 22 ounces of the grey, though most of the cream was unfortunately lost to the short lengths. Here are the spoils of my frogging efforts - the bulky greys will turn into felted bags.
On the charity knitting front, I've finished 7 black scarves to make cap and scarf sets out of caps in the bin at the Sr. Center. I also have a set from double yarn (a variegated & a solid) finished and the cap and part of the scarf of another set. I'll add those to the sidebar totals after I turn them in tomorrow. I didn't photograph the black scarves because they're boring, but I did make this small scarf as a trial run at a pattern that was donated to our group a couple weeks ago. It's more stylish than the garter stitch scarves, but I don't think it would be as warm on a cold day.
Right now, I have a total of 23 washcloths for the Cloths For Katrina project finished and most of them even have the yarn ends run in! I want to finish using up the yarn I have and get the cloths into the mail before postage goes up after the first of January. Again no photo as garter stitch washcloths do not exciting blogging make.
But Megan's sweater is finished and here's a photo to prove it. This was originally a crocheted pattern that I reworked so that it could be knit. It's made from Bernat (the turquoise) & Caron Rainbow Dreams (the Jetstream variegated). I'm not sure what brand the purple CC might be as it was in my stash. I like the way it turned out, especially the way that the seed stitch worked with the variegated yarn to produce the pattern bands. It was worked on 10Â½ needles - circulars, straights & double points and the only seams are the 3-needle bind-offs at the shoulders.