Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Another Rag-Tag & A Rummage Sale Find

Friday night I finished the Rag-Tag Afghan in green that I started Sunday. It's slightly smaller than the red one from last week. The left edge isn't as uneven as it looks - I pulled a bit to straighten it out and the yarn clung to the rough wood of the deck.



On Friday, we went to a church rummage sale in a near by town and - at the bottom of a box of vintage straight aluminum needles, I found these:



Four 16" circular needles in sizes 3, 4, 7 & 8, plus a 29" size 3 all marked $1.00. I added up the prices on the packages and it came out to almost $25. For $5 it was a bargain I couldn't pass up even if I'm not sure what I'll be using them for.

I'm working on a garter stitch shawl in a deep wine worsted for the K4 project and I'm going to pick out yarn for another rag-tag. I've also been continuing to work on washcloths for our Cloths For Crisis group and finished a couple more this week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

What a bargain! You surely can spot them...The rag tag is cool - and like you, I'm still knitting Cloths for Crisis, tho' not nearly as fast as you. Hurricane season is closer than any of us would like to think! You are a mass production knitter, dear Jane!!!
(((hugs)))

9:34 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You always find the best deals!

Your rag tag is really nice too! You are always so busy!

Ruinwen
:)

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! That rag you did is absolutely great - and yay for the bargain, that's certainly a great deal!

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good tag sale find, Jane! Congratulations!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a