Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Flying Fingers

Ok, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.. I've been busy working on projects for the K4 group and on transcribing and coding data for my genealogy web page. If you're into genealogy and have ancestors in the New England states, New York or Michigan, you might want to check out my site.

On the knitting front, I finished another garter stitch shawl last week. No sense showing a picture of it as it looks like every other garter stitch shawl I've made except for the color - this one is deep burgundy.

More colorful and individual projects are the Rag-tag afghans. I had enough reds to finish a second one in that color scheme. I added a bit of orange to this one for spark.



And I have yet another one started - this time in pastels & mediums in a roughly rainbow array. I think I'll add a white / cream center section to this one also and then reverse the color progression on the other end.




And for a little cat blogging as I haven't done that recently - this is one of the rare times that I've been able to get all three of them into the same photo even if Moki Monster wouldn't turn around so I could show his face.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Love the kitties! Even Mr. Anti-Social Mokey!
Umm...Jane, you need to update your sidebar...Isn't that 3 Rag-tags finished and a fourth in process?
(((hugs)))

3:29 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow! I think you make those rag-tags in your sleep! They really are pretty.

It was nice to see your kitties!

Ruinwen
:)

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a