Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, May 22, 2006

Summer Reading Challenge

I just signed up for the Summer Reading Challenge at Amanda's site. I love to read. We usually visit the local library every two weeks or so to stock up on books and come home with this huge Tupperware canvas bag (a garage sale find) filled with books. But I've been very neglectful about logging the books I've finished recently into the sidebar section I created for them. So far, I only have 17 books listed and I know I've read more than that. I know that sometimes I start a book only to find that I'm not enjoying it, so I put it down and pick up another. Library books allow me to do that without guilt because I'm not out of pocket. (There are times that I think I save more than my entire property tax bill in books I don't buy because I get them from the library!) I've tried to fill in the missing books from the check out lists, but I don't know the dates beyond the month. Hopefully the challenge will remind me to keep better track.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I'm so glad we're not in competition in this challenge, b/c I'd lose handily. But then, I can't knit and read! Yes, from what we've written to each other since January, I think you've probably read more than 17 books by now...This will be an fun summer...busy, too - Amazing Lace and Summer Reading Challenge...what else? ;)
(((hugs)))

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a