Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, May 29, 2006

Two Shawls & A Rag-Tag

I finished these two garter stitch shawls for the K4 project this last week. The yarns are two new variegated shades from Bernat that come in 6 oz skeins. I was a little disappointed in the way that the navy pooled in the blue/green one, but other than that I love the colors. The red/orange/wine one turned out nicer.



And yet another rag-tag.. This one is a little smaller so it could be used by someone in a wheelchair.



We sent both shawls and lap robes off to nursing homes in the area this last week in order to make room for a new donation of yarn - three BIG boxes from New York state. There was almost a full box of Lion Brand Homespun and I'm using those skeins (there was one of each color) to make scarves on size 17 needles. I have two done and a good start on a third.

I finally finished chart one on the Adamas - 20 rows and it took forever.. I'm hoping that when I get more used to the pattern that it will go faster even though every other row increases by 4 stitches. I'm going to put in another life line (that will make 5 of them in 20 rows) and start in on the first repeat of the body chart. Photos to come. Suffice it to say that the heathered colors in the Lost Lake are beautiful. I just wish that KnitPicks would make the same colors available in fingering, sport & worsted weight yarns!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Whooohooo! Adamas is progressing! Can't wait for pics and keep putting in those lifelines (they really are worth it!).
And, as usual, you are just a knitting "machine!" That's a LOT of charity knitting...
(((hugs)))

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a