Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, June 30, 2006

A New Scarf Pattern

Here it is - the lengthwise knit scarf in worsted weight..



It's 150 stitches on a size 13 circular worked in garter stitch. The colors are changed every other row except for the cast-on, bind off & 5 rows of garter in black on each edge. I left long tails when I started a color and then tied it together with an equally long tail forming the fringe on the end where the colors were changed. On the other end, I cut a double length of the yarn and added a tassel to match. The result is a rather colorful scarf about 6' long (+ fringe) to go with the solid black knit cap. I may try this in crochet and fewer color changes because of the width of a double crochet row. I'm just not sure how a crocheted scarf will match up with a knit hat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

More charity knitting? You get a standing ovation for that, but you keep putting the knitting for YOU on the back burner...shame shame shame!
I think there's a lace shawl (Adamas?) and a sock or two waiting in the wings...stop feeling guilty for taking care of you! YOU deserve it! A little knitting each day can go towards your own projects, you know?
(((hugs)))

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a