Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Scarf Of Many Colors

Ok, it's two scarves. These are made from the leftovers of the Homespun scarves I've been making for the K4 project. They're worked on size 15 needles on far too many stitches because they're each about 8' long. {g} It's one of those "I got started and I can't quit" projects.



The one on the left is asymmetrical starting with a lavender/pink mix and moving to dark purple, a blue/purple mix and a bit of green. The one on the right is more planned with green, beige, a blue/tan mix, a rust/cream mix and then back again. They're actually prettier than they photographed. I brought home another bag full of Homespun today from our K4 meeting to make more scarves.

I'm also working on scarves & hats in worsted weight acrylic. I turned in a brown and cream set today and I have a black scarf completed with the matching hat on the needles. Other than these projects, not too much is happening. I haven't touched the Adamas shawl in about a week as I was eager to see how these multi-colored scarves would turn out given that I had a limited number of colors & limited yardage to work with.

I'm moving along with the Summer Reading Challenge. Not counting the book I finished about 1 a.m. on the first of the month when the challenge started, I've read seven books so far. There were a couple others that I read a few chapters and decided that I wasn't enjoying them enough to continue. The nice part about getting books from the library is that I can put that kind aside and take them back without feeling guilty. {g} The books are another reason why Adamas hasn't been worked on much - I can knit the scarves & hats or crochet the rag-tag afghans while I'm reading, Adamas on the other hand takes complete and total concentration.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Excuses, excuses, excuses....I know how you *LOVE* working on Adamas! *wink*
The scarves are really lovely and will be greatly appreciated, I know, come this winter...
(((hugs)))

2:33 PM  
Blogger Shelob said...

Jane these scarves are gorgeous! I love the way the homespun colors blend. I've made two afgans with this yarn and absolutely adore the one that shifts it's tones this way -- so much more interesting that what I get with colorways from so many other places!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

LOVE your Scarves... They are so Pretty!

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

4:48 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

The scarves look great.

I was almost to the edging (maybe 8-10 rows away from it?) before I realized it was knit from the top down. I knew I shouldn't have tried to knit it during tax season, but I loved it. It came out pretty good too.

I'm trying to finish off Wuthering Heights. I can't believe how much I hate Heathcliff.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a