And here it is with the lace slightly stretched so that the YOs open up and you can see the pattern a bit better. This one is definitely going to need blocking.
I think I'm finally getting the gist of the pattern so I can look at where I am in a row and recognize that it's either ok or I've made a mistake. You'll notice that I'm down to just 2 lifelines. A few days ago, there were 7 lifelines and I think you could have said that I was a bit paranoid after having to frog the first 13 rows about three times.
If you look closely, you'll see that there is a one stitch column running down through the center of each "flower" and it's leaves (or the small diamond with the heart-shaped pattern below it -- hmm, from this angle, it looks more like an arrow head, doesn't it?). By keeping track of those columns in much the same way as I keep track of the center rib of the feather in the Feather & Fan pattern, I can spot an error within just a few stitches.
You'll also notice in the first photo that the lace yarn is the same diameter as the #10 (Knit-cro-sheen) crochet thread that I'm using as life lines. I think I mentioned earlier that I did not expect the yarn to be that *THIN*!! But I'm slowly getting used to it and the nice points on the vintage Susan Bates nylon circular help.
On larger needles - #15 & #17 - I finished a garter stitch shawl and three Homespun scarves this last week for the K4 project. I'm working on another scarf from the leftovers of Homespun - this one is cast on lengthwise and I'm knitting a couple rows of one color and then a couple rows of another. I'll post a photo when it's done.