Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006

We're Having A Heat Wave....



It's 94° out there with a 104° heat index - not fit for man nor beast - but the garden is loving it combined with the inch of rain that fell last Thursday. It was just last Wednesday when I estimated that it would be another two weeks or so before the tomatoes started to ripen, but here - just five days later - is the first grape tomato of the season. YIPPIE!! Plus the basil is growing back thicker than ever so we should have pesto again fairly soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I KNOW you're going to be nice and split that down the middle so DH can enjoy it, too, RIGHT? We're to have 98 degrees and heat index of 104-110 tomorrow...
(((hugs)))

10:32 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Our basil tanked this year, along with the cucumbers (bitter!) but the tomatos and the butternut squash are awesome.

Nice scarves & hats! Even the 70's avocado green.

My aunt has been digging up our genealogical roots, pretty entertaining stuff. I'd already heard/seen the page ripped out of the Family Bible in the early 1800's.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a