Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, October 13, 2006

Hats, Hats & More Hats

Last week was productive for hats. I made five to go with scarves that Frances, Marian & Virginia had made, one hat & scarf set like the ones in the last photo and three more that Marian will be making scarves to match. Frances sent in three more crocheted scarves and Jean brought in one - they'll all need hats. Because we're going to concentrate for the next month on making sets that will be donated to the Veterans' Shelter in Detroit, I matched yarn for the pastel ones and set them aside for later. The red and the rust scarves are sort of guy colors, so I knit a red hat last night to make up that set and, not being able to match the rust yarn, started a navy blue with flecks of rust & turquoise to go with that one. Jean took a couple skeins of grey yarn to make scarves and I took matching ones to make the hats. Given the cold snap we're in right now, I wish we had started on this earlier. It's 34° and yesterday set a record for the earliest measurable snowfall. Looking ahead for next week's forecast, the temperatures aren't going much higher than 60° and most days will be in the 40s. That's too cold too early!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

So are you keeping Adelle posted on how many hats you're making? You must have a gazillion next to your name on her "Cover Your Head" KAL by now!
(((hugs)))

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you're making the hats & gloves! It got cold quick back East, didn't it?

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a