Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Feline MeMe

The Meezer over at Sallee's KnitNana just tagged all three of the felines in the house for a special Me-Me:

Here are the instructions: The player of this game starts with "5 weird things/habits about yourself." In the end you need to choose 5 people to be tagged and list their names. The people who get tagged need to write a blog about their 5 weird things/habits, as well as state this rule clearly, then tag 5 more victims. Don’t forget to leave your victim a comment that says "you’re tagged!" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

So with no further ado, I'll turn the keyboard over to Tiger who has been trying to claim it all evening.



Ah, yes - finally.. I've been sitting here on Mommie's lap, occasionally hitting the space bar or other keys as she types. Wouldn't you think that she'd take the hint and go back down to her knitting? That's me up there sitting on Daddy's lap - Mommie cut the picture down so I'm the center of attention which is no more than right as everyone knows that dogs (yuck) have owners while cats, the epitome of perfection in the animal world, have staff. But she wants me to write about something weird that I do - hmmm, I think the other two cats are the weird ones. Maybe I could tell stories about them? No, Mommie says that it has to be about me. OK, here goes - no fair laughing as cats hate to be laughed at and we *do* have five pointy ends if we're upset. Numero Uno strange thing that I do is ---- wait for it ---- I get under the covers of the bed, just like Mommie & Daddy do. If Mommie is asleep, I'll tickle her cheek with my whiskers and when she brushes them away she lifts the covers just a little bit and I zoom under and curl up where it's warm. Those other two are long haired so they don't mind the cool temperatures in the winter, but my coat is short and sleek and having three quilts & a blanket over me (on top of a heated water bed) when the winter winds are howling outside is the Cat's Pajamas. Oh, dear - here come the other two. As I mentioned they are much stranger than I am so I'll let them have the keyboard for the moment.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hi, I'm Moki! That's a picture of me on one of my favorite sleeping places - Mommie's pillow.. I don't need to go under the covers like that wimpy Tiger because I have a long lush coat - if you look at it closely, like under a magnifier - the grey hairs look like rick-rack. They actually zig-zag. I think that's pretty unusual so I'll name that as my #1 weird thing. One nice thing about my heavy coat is that if I'm doing something naughty and Daddy tries to squirt me with the spray bottle, I don't feel it for the longest time. His hand usually gives out before I notice that anything is happening..

I've been here the longest. Mommie adopted me in the spring of 1989 when she & Daddy were working at a small shop that had mice. I lived at the shop and made life miserable for those mice until they moved out. I had a lot of adventures there - one time I was exploring the top side of the office ceiling and a tile gave way and I surfed down into Daddy's office. Boy, did he and the boss look surprised!! But then the business closed and Mommie brought me home. I like it here even if those other two pick on me from time to time. Don't they know that at 17, I'm the senior member of the tribe? If you translated that into human years, I'd probably be older than Mommie & Daddy.

Ok, #2 weird thing - I like unusual things to eat. I think that black olives are wonderful, bananas are great and I've even been known to munch a slice or two of cucumber when it's offered. Mommie & Daddy get pizza every Monday and take it over to Grandma's house, but they always bring me the box and I get to lick up all the cheese and pepperoni grease. I can tell they love me!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

OK, guys, make way for the QUEEN!!... Neither of you can possibly touch my beauty. I brought Daddy to his knees by just making a little "meow" though the bars of the cage and two layers of glass at PetSmart. Next thing Mommie knew, she was filling out adoption papers and after a few days I went home with them. At the shelter, my name was "Tigger" - can you think of a more ridiculous name for a Calico? The first couple days I was here, I made my hideout Mommie's quilting cupboard, tucked safely in behind her fabric stash and she finally got the idea that my name should be Callie - it took her long enough to figure out my clues. As I said, I'm a Calico and the whole world knows that Calicos are *different* - I ignore it when Mommie insists that all of us should come with warning labels, such slander!..

Furthermore, I reject the idea that anything I do is weird.. OK, shut up you two, no one asked for your opinions. I rule the roost around here and it's time that you two boys realized it! I don't care if I'm the smallest and youngest, I've had your numbers since I was carried in the door. I know that my purpose in life is to lounge around and look beautiful, so I'll tell people a couple more weird things about you two.. #2 for Tiger: He's what Mommie calls a "Velcro kitty" - where she is, he is. Ok, I know he gets more ear scratches than I do with my aloof act, but that's one of the prices of being ME.. #3 weird thing for Moki is that he's dumb as a box of rocks. Would you believe that when he was at that shop he actually curled up around a soldering iron and singed his tail? Then there was the time that he snuck out of the loading dock and climbed up on the muffler of a van that was heading for Ohio. If Mommie hadn't gone looking for him, he'd have been a grease spot on I-75 instead of hogging all the good grease in the pizza boxes. Would you believe that Mommie takes me upstairs for a cuddle session so he gets first crack at the box?? Anyway, before those two come back in here and take back the keyboard, I'm just going to hit publish and get this little rant on line before they can add any nasty comments about ME.. You will excuse me won't you? My coat needs a little upkeep.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh, Mommie said that she's supposed to tag 5 people. I'm not sure if with cats or not, but I'm going to pass it along this way. If you're reading this and you have a cat or dog who would like to vent a little, please feel free to consider yourself tagged. Ok, now where is that POST button???............

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

(psst) it's The Meezer! Knitnana walked away from the computer and I can't figure out how to change my identity...so you'll just have to take my word for it!
You have cool answers, you three! I knew I could count on you to do the meme well...pizza leftovers, huh? I'll have to try that. ooohh here she comes, gotta hit publish!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

This is Obsidian and Widdershins here...nice to get to know you! Your fur is divine...I love your coloring!

>^..^<

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hezekiah wants me to tell Tiger that there is nothing weird about sleeping under the covers. She likes to crawl up from the foot of the bed (I don't tuck in my sheets/blankets) and then stealthily lay on my foot.

Cute meme! I think I'm going to do it my next post.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a