Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another Thursday, A Few More Hats (& Scarves)



It's Thursday which means K4 meeting day and, as usual, I forgot to take a photo of what I'd been working on this week until the last minute. This time, I didn't even have time to tuck the yarn ends under things, so there they are in all their glory. They were properly run in and clipped during the first half hour of the group. The blue scarf on the left is Frances' crocheting - I just knit a simple cap in a very close shade of royal blue to go along with it.

The others are the standard window pane pattern that I've been using right along with the variegated yarn as the "windows" and the solid as the sashes. For the aqua set in the upper right, there wasn't enough of the solid aqua yarn to do the scarf, so that one will be variegated with the solid color on the ends. I'm hoping there's enough left over for the other end - it's that close to the end of the skein. The set between the blue & pink sets doesn't show up all that well, but the solid color is a deep green combined with a variegated that has green several shades of purple and beige. It's prettier than it looks here. As usual, I brought home more yarn - a dark brown variegated to work with a medium brown solid, and a denim blue to cream variegated to pair with a smoky blue. I finished most of the aqua/variegated scarf at the meeting, so hopefully, it will be done tonight and I can play with some new colors.

On the reading front, I've rediscovered Stuart Wood - a couple years ago, I read his Holly Barker series that starts with Orchid Beach and enjoyed the books. A week or so ago, I picked up another of his books in a series about Stone Barrington which was just as good. So on Tuesday's library run, I grabbed an armful and am looking forward to reading them. Looking at the author's site, I have a lot of reading pleasure ahead of me if the library has all his books {g}.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Your so wonderful always thinking of others. I know your gifts will be well received.

Ruinwen
:)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Wow Jane - The KNITTING MACHINE!
(((hugs)))
Great going...again!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Lots of FO's!

I love getting into an author with lots of books to his/her name.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

The Meezer has tagged Moki, Callie & Tiger for a kitty meme! Visit my blog for details.
(((hugs)))

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a