Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Did I Ever Mention.....

.... that I hate finishing things - sewing them together, running yarn ends in? Well, I do and I often go to lengths up to and including rewriting a pattern to eliminate as many seams and yarn ends as I can. This is all leading up to an explanation as to why you may see the occasional yarn end sticking out in the following photos. I usually do the finishing stuff at the K4 meeting because having friends to talk with while I'm doing it makes it go faster.

First, here are the two hats that I knit to go along with the scarves that Frances crocheted. Frances has been coming to the Monday afternoon knit & crochet classes this summer and she's finished, I believe, five afghans already! One of the scarves she crocheted was this color purple worsted held together with a sport weight variegated in purple, magenta, green & turquoise. It made a beautiful scarf and the plain hat will go with it so as not to draw attention from the colors in the scarf. The second scarf was plain purple so I added a bit of a pattern to the hat.



These next three photos are of the hat & scarf sets I've been working on. The blue & brown sets both use the same variegated for "window" part of the window pane hats and for the 36 rows at each end of the scarf. I like the way that they came out looking so different.





The scarf is started that will go with this hat and I brought home skeins of variegated & solid colors to make up more combinations. Besides the enjoyment I get from just the knitting process, it's fun to play with the colors to make each set individual.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

They look great! I love how different color combinations create entirely new looks.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Prolific as always! Wow...you've been busy...and they all look great (but you know, I LOVE the purple ones!)
(((hugs)))

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a