Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, September 30, 2006

SIGH

I haven't been very good at posting recently. Thanks to everyone who sent well wishes to Mom - they're much appreciated.

What I have been doing is knitting. I turned in 7 hats and 2 scarves last Thursday - 5 of the hats were made to match or coordinate with scarves that had been knit or crocheted by others; the other two hats were part of sets with the last two scarves. I've finished one hat (to go with an already knit scarf) and one set since Thursday and have another hat on the needles. Last Saturday, I bought three skeins of Rainbow Dreams - those wonderful colorways that go with so many solid colors - and I've been using those in the sets I've been making as the "panes" in the window pane patterned hats and as a center stripe down garter stitch scarves that I've been knitting lengthwise. The one I'm working on now will use a rusty brown for the solid and Maritime which has blues with a touch of gold & rust as the variegated. I'll try to get photos before I turn these in.

Part of the problem with lack of photos is that I'm trying to de-junk this room and in the process, the desk behind me where most of the photos have been taken is covered with "junk" waiting for decisions about what to do with it - store or toss.. Have I ever mentioned that I'm a "pack-rat" married to another "pack-rat"?? I don't know whether to add a {g} or a {sigh} to that last statement. Suffice it to day that this house contains a lot of "stuff" - mostly books, magazines, electronic gear, yarn & fabric. I take complete responsibility for the yarn & fabric as those are my hobbies. The electronic gear, except for this computer, my Walkman (an original 1980 model) & a CD player, are my DH's and we're both responsible for the books & magazines. I think it's time to buy some more storage bins and pack the magazines (mostly 20+ years of quilting magazines) into the crawl space. Then there's all the genealogy information that I've printed out over the years - I'm spending more time on transcribing data that others can use than I am on my own research so those notebooks could probably be packed away also. I need to get organized, but that's a skill that I'm still trying to develop {sigh}...

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

ROFLOL!! You know, if you haven't learned organizational skills by now, Jane, it's a good chance you won't! (I'm trying to reconcile myself to that one, too...)
You really are a knitting machine. PHOTOS! We want PHOTOS!!!
(((hugs)))

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

knitnana is right, I want to see those hats!

I feel your pain packrat wise. I just need a bigger space. A LOT bigger space.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand completely; but I'm not a packrat - I just like to save things! I hope your mom is doing better.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a