Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday Madness

No, there's nothing strange going on - the title refers to the Mad Monday special at Hungry Howie's Pizza. It's become a tradition recently to get one of the large two topping pizzas when they sell for $7 (+ tax) and take it over to Mom's on Monday. I don't have to cook, she doesn't have to cook and all three of us enjoy. Moki enjoys too when we bring the box home so he can scarf up any excess cheese and the odd bit of pepperoni or mushroom.

Knitting class met today and Jean had finished crocheting three scarves to go with the hats I'd made. Along with the grey one that Gloria put a pom-pom on (for that one I made the hat & Jean crocheted the scarf, so with the addition of the pom-pom it was a true group project), that made 4 more sets for the Veterans Shelter.. I have at least 3 more hats finished and another one on the needles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

The knitting machine rolls on...enjoy your pizza!
(((hugs)))

8:39 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love that deal they have. When I was a broke, single mom that was our Wednesday treat.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a